ABOUT SUMMIT DOWNTOWN, INC
Summit Downtown, Inc (SDI) is a non-profit organization that represents all retailers and businesses in the downtown Special Improvement District. The purpose of SDI is to encourage the development and growth of businesses in the downtown. SDI is governed by a 14-member Board of Trustees comprised of downtown businesses, downtown commercial property owners, community residents, members of the Common Council, the Mayor and the City Administrator.
The organization is funded by a special assessment levied on the properties within the designated area. Those assessment revenues are dedicated to benefit the downtown and the City of Summit. SDI promotes the downtown and the business community through a variety of advertising and marketing throughout the year and events such as Annual Restaurant Week, Summit Farmers Market, Cars & Croissants, Summit Street Fair, Arts & Cars Festival, Trick-or-Treat Downtown, and December Holiday Events. We also partner with other nonprofits such as the Summit Historical Society, Suburban Chambers of Commerce, YMCA, Reeves-Reed Arboretum, Shaping Summit Together, Visual Art Center of NJ with events during the year.
The Board of Trustees typically meets at 8AM on last Wednesday of each month (some exceptions), normally in the Whitman Room in City Hall (2nd Floor).
2018 Board of Trustee meeting dates: October 31, November 28, and December 19.
- BOARD CHAIR: [email protected]
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Nancy Adams, [email protected]
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: Kathryn Best, [email protected]
- MARKETING ADMIN: Jane Doveton, [email protected]
- FARMERS MARKET ADMIN: Marin Mixon, [email protected]
- Bob Conway, Brownie Points Bakery, Chair
- Karen Schneider, Lois Schneider Realtors, Vice Chair
- Claire Toth, Pointview Financial, Treasurer
- Beth Welsh, Basset Associates, Secretary
- Susan Alexander, Great House Bonny Nieman
- Pat Angelo, Resident and The Committed Pig
- Steve Bowman, Summit City Common Council
- Andrew Genualdi, Genualdi Orthopedics
- David Gittleman, The Woods Group
- Joseph Hamilton, GBM Associates, LLC
- Beth Little, Summit City Common Council
- Anthony Melchionna, Salon 44
- Nora Radest, Mayor
- Michael Rogers, Summit City Administrator