ABOUT SUMMIT DOWNTOWN, INC
About Summit Downtown, Inc.
Summit Downtown, Inc (SDI) is a non-profit organization that represents all retailers and businesses in the downtown Special Improvement District. The purpose of SDI is to encourage the development and growth of businesses in the downtown. SDI is governed by a 14-member Board of Trustees comprised of downtown businesses, downtown commercial property owners, community residents, members of the Common Council, the Mayor and the City Administrator.
The organization is funded by a special assessment levied on the properties within the designated area. Those assessment revenues are dedicated to benefit the downtown and the City of Summit. SDI promotes the downtown and the business community through a variety of advertising and marketing throughout the year and events such as Annual Restaurant Week, Summit Farmers Market, Cars & Croissants, Family Fun Night, Summit Street Sounds, Arts & Cars Festival, Trick-or-Treat Downtown, and December Holiday Events. We also partner with other nonprofits such as the Summit Historical Society, Suburban Chambers of Commerce, YMCA, The Connection, Reeves-Reed Arboretum, Summit Public Art, Visual Art Center of NJ with events and projects during the year.
The Board of Trustees typically meets at 8AM on last Wednesday of each month (some exceptions), normally in the Whitman Room in City Hall (2nd Floor).
2022 Board of Trustee meeting dates: January 25, February 23, March 30, April 27, May 25, June 29, July 27, September 28, October 26, December 7.
- Bob Conway, Brownie Points Bakery
- Lauren Decker, The Co-Co
- Kimberly Hamilton, GBM Associates, LLC
- Leslie Herman, Downtown Property Owner
- Antonietta LaVecchia, The UPS Store
- Ray Merritt, Summit Resident
- David Naidu, Summit Common Council
- Nora Radest, Mayor
- Michael Rogers, City of Summit Administrator
- Karen Schneider, Lois Schneider Realtor
- Matthew Strauss, Downtown Property Owner
- Claire Toth, Point View Wealth Management
- Greg Vartan, Summit Common Council
- David Bernat, Cambridge Wines
- Executive Committee
Chair: Bob Conway, Brownie Points Bakery
Vice Chair: Karen Schneider, Lois Schneider Realtor
Treasurer: Claire Toth, Pointview Wealth Management
Secretary: Ray Merritt, Resident