ABOUT SUMMIT DOWNTOWN, INC
About Summit Downtown, Inc.
Summit Downtown, Inc (SDI) is a non-profit organization that represents all retailers and businesses in the downtown Special Improvement District. The purpose of SDI is to encourage the development and growth of businesses in the downtown. SDI is governed by a 14-member Board of Trustees comprised of downtown businesses, downtown commercial property owners, community residents, members of the Common Council, the Mayor and the City Administrator.
The organization is funded by a special assessment levied on the properties within the designated area. Those assessment revenues are dedicated to benefit the downtown and the City of Summit. SDI promotes the downtown and the business community through a variety of advertising and marketing throughout the year and events such as Annual Restaurant Week, Summit Farmers Market, Cars & Croissants, Summit Street Fair, Arts & Cars Festival, Trick-or-Treat Downtown, and December Holiday Events. We also partner with other nonprofits such as the Summit Historical Society, Suburban Chambers of Commerce, YMCA, Reeves-Reed Arboretum, Shaping Summit Together, Visual Art Center of NJ with events during the year.
The Board of Trustees typically meets at 8AM on last Wednesday of each month (some exceptions), normally in the Whitman Room in City Hall (2nd Floor).
2020 Board of Trustee meeting dates: January 29, February 26, March 25, April 29, May 27, June 24, July 29, September 30, October 28, November 18, December 23.
- Bob Conway, Brownie Points Bakery
- Lauren Decker, The Co-Co
- Kimberly Hamilton, GBM Associates, LLC
- Leslie Herman, Downtown Property Owner
- Antonietta LaVecchia, The UPS Store
- Ray Merritt, Summit Resident
- David Naidu, Summit Common Council
- Nora Radest, Mayor
- Michael Rogers, City of Summit Administrator
- Karen Schneider, Lois Schneider Realtor
- Matthew Strauss, Downtown Property Owner
- Claire Toth, Point View Wealth Management
- Greg Vartan, Summit Common Council
- Allison Daubel, The Bar Method
- Executive Committee
Chair: Bob Conway, Brownie Points Bakery
Vice Chair: Karen Schneider, Lois Schneider Realtor
Treasurer: Claire Toth, Pointview Wealth Management
Secretary: Ray Merritt, Resident