Summit Farmers Market
Sundays, April 23 - December 17, 2023, 8am-1pm
The Summit Farmers Market is widely regarded as one of the best farmers markets in the state. The Summit Farmers Market runs from April 23-November 19 from 8am-1pm, then Sundays, December 3, 10 & 17 from 8am-12pm.
The Summit Farmers Market supports farmers and other purveyors exclusively in New Jersey, now in it's 30th season!
The market is located at Park & Shop Lot #1 corner of DeForest Avenue and Woodland Avenue. Customers will enter and exit at the vehicle entrance on DeForest Avenue to Park & Shop Lot #1.
Join us for our annual Sunday Fundays!
- Sunday, June 18 - Berry Bake Off with a special appearance by author John Holl
- Sunday, October 15 - Somethin' Pumpkin with a special appearance from Produce Pete!
- Sunday, October 29 - Family Photo Day
See the vendors below for the 2023 season.
VOLUNTEER ADD TO CALENDAR VENDOR INFO
JOINING US THIS SEASON:
The G.I.F.T. (Give It Fresh Today Program celebrates its 12th year this season. Yearly over 10,000 lbs. of fresh produce/other products are donated through the generosity of our community and the Summit Farmers Market vendors.
Through our partner G.R.A.C.E. (Giving and Receiving Assistance for our Community’s Essentials), these donations are distributed weekly to families.
To learn more about this community program and/or sign up to volunteer, click on tab below.
SUMMIT BUSINESSES & NONPROFITS SIGN UP
SDI reserves two free spaces at the Market for downtown businesses and/or Summit nonprofits to promote themselves. Any downtown business located in the Special Improvement District (CRBD and SID districts) of Summit and any Summit-based Nonprofit Organization may sign up to participate for free. Summit Downtown, Inc. has the right to refuse any request that does not meet the criteria.
- Each Summit business or nonprofit may sign up for a maximum of two Sundays during a season.
- If Sundays are not filled, a business/nonprofit may sign up for an additional Sunday at $75 per week.
- Businesses will be allowed to sell their product(s), demonstrate their product(s) or distribute information about their product line.
- Nonprofits will not be permitted to fundraise, exchange money or petition for signatures or endorsements or sell wares. Nonprofits may only distribute information and answer questions about their organization.
- The allocated space is 10’w x 10’d. Please do not approach people outside your booth area.
- Each business/nonprofit must bring their own table(s), chair(s) and tent (not required) and only use the space assigned. If you bring a tent, weights are required.
- The selling hours are 8am –1 pm (8am-12pm in December); you must arrive by 7am and be set up by 7:30am.
- To set up, bring your vehicle into the lot and unload. Before setting up, take your vehicle out of the lot (by 7:30) and park (we recommend the K Lot behind CVS or Park & Shop Lot #2). At the end of the Market, pack up your booth before retrieving your vehicle.
Sign up is online and requires your name and business name and what you intend to do/sell during your participation at the Market.
Please list the name of the person who will represent your business at the Market along with their contact information.
Each business MUST sign up themselves and complete the form with the required information listed above.
In case of an emergencies within 48 hours of the Market, please contact On-Site Manager, Mario Bochna 973.809.1303 or Farmers Market Administrator, Marin Mixon 908.256.0677.
Please do not use these forms for possible market vendors. For Summit businesses only.
The 2023 Summer Farmers Market will be held from 8AM to 1PM every Sunday, April 23 through December 17, 2023, December hours are 8am-12pm (the market is closed Thanksgiving weekend, November 26)
Guest Vendors are allowed to participate twice during the season at $75.00 per Sunday.
All required documents, applications and instructions are below. The applications are now all online and credit card payment is available. Please email any questions to [email protected]
The Market Vendor Information and Paperwork Package contains a checklist for all required documents to ensure that they are sent. All returning vendor applications will not be accepted if any document is missing. For New & Guest Vendors, paperwork needed for submission is noted on the online application. During the application review process you may be required to provide photos of booth setup and samples for tasting. Once all documents are received and have been reviewed, you will be notified via email by the Summit Farmers Market Committee of their decision. This review process will take 2-3 weeks. If accepted all other documents will be required. Please do not send any money to the Summit Board of Health or to Summit Downtown, Inc. during this initial period of review.
The Summit Farmers Market is full for the season with full and part time vendors. New and returning vendor applications become available sometime in February 2024, please check back to apply. Guest vendor applications are found below, please read the market guidelines before applying.
Market Vendor Information and Paperwork Package - MUST READ and fill out necessary forms