Summit Farmers Market
Sundays, April 18 - November 21, 2021
The Summit Farmers Market will open April 18 through November 21, 2021. The Summit Farmers Market is a New Jersey based market and supports the farmers and other purveyors in New Jersey.
The market is located at Park & Shop Lot #1 corner of DeForest Avenue and Woodland Avenue. We look forward to welcoming all our vendors and customers back to the market with revised Guidelines for the safety of all.
Once the vendors have been selected and announced a market map will be available below.
Since safety is our first priority, COVID-19 Market Guidelines have been found in the tab below. To ensure the safety of our farmers, customers and the community from further spread of COVID-19, masks or face coverings are required for all customers and vendors. Painted dots on the sidewalk outside Park & Shop Lot #1 will provide a social distancing guide for customers while waiting to enter the market. Customers are also required to remain 6 feet from others inside the market.
Customers will enter and exit at the vehicle entrance on DeForest Avenue to Park & Shop Lot #1. At this time, dogs are not permitted in the market and if this regulation changes, we will inform the public. Vendors will offer a touchless pay system in additional to cash.
VOLUNTEER ADD TO CALENDAR VENDOR INFO
JOINING US THIS SEASON:
The G.I.F.T. (Give It Fresh Today Program celebrates its 9th year this season. In 2020 almost 10,000 lbs. of fresh produce/other products were donated through the generosity of our community and the Summit Farmers Market vendors.
Through our partner G.R.A.C.E. (Giving and Receiving Assistance for our Community’s Essentials), these donations are distributed weekly to families.
To learn more about this community program and/or sign up to volunteer, click on tab below.
SUMMIT BUSINESSES & NONPROFITS SIGN UP
SDI reserves two free spaces at the Market for downtown businesses or Summit nonprofits to promote themselves. Any downtown business located in the Special Improvement District (CRBD and SID districts) and any Summit-based Nonprofit Organization may sign up to participate for free. Summit Downtown, Inc. has the right to refuse any request that does not meet the criteria.
- Each business or nonprofit may sign up for a maximum of two Sundays during a season.
- If Sundays are not filled, a business/nonprofit may sign up for an additional Sunday at $55 per week.
- Businesses will be allowed to sell their product(s), demonstrate their product(s) or distribute information about their product line.
- Nonprofits will not be permitted to fundraise, exchange money or petition for signatures or endorsements or sell wares.
- The allocated space is 10’w x 10’d. Please do not approach people outside your booth area.
- Each business/nonprofit must bring their own table(s), chair(s) and tent (not required) and only use the space assigned. If you bring a tent, weights are required.
- The selling hours are 8am –1 pm; you must arrive by 7am and be set up by 7:45am.
- To set up, bring your vehicle into the lot and unload. Before setting up, take your vehicle out of the lot (by 7:30) and park (we recommend the K Lot behind CVS or Park & Shop Lot #2). At the end of the Market, pack up your booth before retrieving your vehicle.
Sign up is online and requires your name and business name. In the comment section, please put your business name and what you intend to do during your participation at the Market.
Please list the name of the person who will represent your business at the Market along with their contact information.
Each business MUST sign up themselves and complete the comment section with the required information listed above.
In case of an emergencies within 48 hours of the Market, please contact On-Site Manager, Mario Bochna 973.809.1303 or Farmers Market Administrator, Marin Mixon 908.256.0677.
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 Summit Farmers Market!
The 2021 Summer Farmers Market will be held from 8AM to 1PM every Sunday, April 18 through November 21, 2021 (dates subject to change).
Now accepting applications from NJ based businesses for the 2021 season. Applications for new vendors are due on or before FEBRUARY 15, 2021. PLEASE click on the tab below if you are a new non-farmer vendor or new guest vendor on the appropriate tab below. Produce and livestock farmers are not being considered at this time.
Guest Vendors are allowed to participate twice during the season at $55 per week. All documents must be sent in and after review, you will be notified of the Summit Farmers Market Committee decision.
Completed applications and all other required documents can be email to [email protected] or mailed to 18 Bank Street, Ste. 108, Summit, NJ 07901.
The Summit Farmers Market Committee will review all applications to determine which vendors will be accepted for the season.
Each category has a checklist included in order for you to return all the required document.
Please do not send any payment to the Summit Farmers Market or the Summit Board of Health when you submit your forms. You will be due after vendors are notified of acceptance.